Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am asked to design a footwear for an elephant visiting the arctic.?

I need to know...


1. How big elephants' feet are? (average not excact)


2. Their average weight in newtons?


3. Surface area?





pls pls help me on this one. It's really hard.





xxx

I am asked to design a footwear for an elephant visiting the arctic.?
African Elephant: 7000 - 15000lbs


Asian Elephant: 6000-11000lbs





An elephant foot is roughly circular and the circumference is approximately one-half that of the shoulder height of the animal.





African Elephant: 8-13' tall (at shoulder)


Asian Elephant: 8-11' tall (at shoulder)





Keep in mind that the numbers I gave you are the average ranges.
Reply:Hello. You know the best way to get this answer? It is to do a search on each question. They look so cute in footwear as i am in Australia and live really close to the Australia zoo and they made shoes for there elephants so you could email them and ask them as well. Steve Irwin Zoo. Hopes this helps. Good luck and let me know how it goes as i love hearing about all this kind of stuff. Take care.


P.S. I think the best place to ask is the Australia zoo as they have done all this before and will ring and help you if you need them too. They are very helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment